Family reunification for refugees

A refugee may also be issued with a residence permit on the grounds of family ties.

A refugee residing in Finland whom a person residing abroad wishes to join as a family member is called the sponsor. An application may only be filed by the applicant who is living abroad.

An application on behalf of a minor is completed and submitted by his or her guardian. The Finnish mission sends the application to the Finnish Immigration Service, which makes a decision on it.

Further information:

Moving to Finland to be with a family member (